Modified starch is made from natural corn starch and its attribute has been changed in physical, chemical or enzyme reactions. Modified starch is widely used in papermaking, textile, foodstuff, construction material etc.
At present we can produce many different kinds modified starch according to the clients' specification and sample such as:
Oxidized starch, Acetyl oxidized starch, phosphate starch.
1. Food processing industry: Starch is used for dishes (e. G. Vermicelli), meat products, beer, gourmet powder. In the food processing industry starch act as foodstuff additive in some fields such as butter, cheese, salad oil and pudding, and also act as reformative function in various vegetable and grilled food.
2. Medicine industry: Starch can be used in producing antibiotics and vitamin and improved their appeal such as mastication, multilayer, slow release and theca becoming, also can act as excipient and plasma substitute, also can ship alive numerator as a medicament carrier.
3. Paper-making industry: As adhesive for papermaking to improve the character and intensity of the paper. Its structure is similiar with that of the paper fibre. If it is affiliated, the retaining rate of the paper fibre, dyestuff and other additive can be enhanced, which will enhance the intensity, equality and printing capability of the paper. It can be also used for waterish additive and surface adhesive.
4. Textile industry: Used in organzine yarn can improve its textile capability, enhance the composition of forces existing between the single silk, which will enhance its wearable capability. IF used in printing mash can determine the running capability of the printing, the surface color quantity of the dyestuff and the shining degree of the anthotaxy figure.
5. Petroleum industry: In mud of the wildcat, the starch be used to make it have the capability of suice. Starch is also used in the mending cement to the wall of the wildcat. Starch also has other usage such as liquid of artesian well, remediation for the soil polluted by oil and brine.
6. Fine chemical: Starch is used in toilery such as skin opsonin, cream, hair dye and depilatory. In addition, it is also widely used in various of industries such as dcour, cleanser, dentifrice, dope, material for construction, the things used for managing in metal surface, plastic, rubber, lether and tyre rubber.
|Starch||Modifying agent||Physicochemical characteristic||Use in food|
|Pregelatinized||Extrusion||Soluble in cold water||Cake and instant products|
|Derivatized||Drum drying||Stable at freeze-thawing cycles||Canned and frozen food|
|Cross-linked||Epichlorohydrin||Stable at higher temperatures, extreme pH, and higher shear forces||Meat sauce thickeners|
|Weaning infant food|
|Dextrinized||Irradiation||Soluble in cold water||Chewing gums|
|Heat||Lower or nil viscosity||Jelly|